A documentary film on the state of the freedom of expression in Tibet will premiere at the ‘Human Rights Human Wrongs’ (‘HRHW’) film festival in Oslo, Norway this week marking the launch of the international leg of the ‘Banned Expression: Support Free Speech in Tibet’ campaign.
The documentary film titled ‘Banned Expression in Tibet’ is produced by Voice of Tibet (VOT) radio service. The first screening of the documentary will be held at the “HRHW” film festival, a one of its kind film festival in the Scandinavia, organized by the Oslo Dokumentarkino (Oslo Documentary Cinema) in collaboration with many human rights organizations and institutions.
Dechen Pemba, founder and editor of High Peaks Pure Earth website and Oystein Alme of VOT will make presentations along with Tibetan musician and singer Loten Namling who will perform at the film festival. Dechen Pemba will present the report ” Banned Expressions”, produced by Tibetan Centre for Human Rights and Democracy (TCHRD), and will outline the actual situation in Tibet in front of the Norwegian public and media. Loten Namling, along the Norwegian artist Hildegunn Øiseth, will perform at the Banned Expression Awareness Concert at the Litteraturhuset (House of Literature) on the evening of 7 February 2014 in Oslo. The event will highlight the continuing attack on Tibetan artists, writers and intellectuals in Tibet for their courage and conviction to expose human rights abuses.
Organized by VOT (www.vot.org), High Peaks Pure Earth (www.highpeakspureearth.com) and TCHRD (www.tchrd.org), the Tibet program in Oslo marks the international launch of the Banned Expression campaign. The campaign was first launched on the 2013 Human Rights Day in India.
Oslo Program schedule
- Dechen Pemba will speak at main festival events on 5 February, 6 February and 7 February.
- Loten Namling will perform on 6 February, 7 February, 8 February and 9 February
- Premiere of the documentary film “Banned Expressions in Tibet” on 6 February. See:http://www.kinovictoria.no/?
- See full program at the 2014 ‘HRHW’ film festival: http://issuu.com/
- Program catalogue of the “Banned Expressions” Awareness Concert on 7 February in Oslo. See page 12 of this link: http://issuu.com/
- Full text of the report “Banned Expression” in English available here:http://issuu.com/vottibet/
Note: Please take into consideration that Norway is 4 ½ hours behind Indian time and 6 hours before US East coast
- Questions on the premiere of the Film “Banned Expressions in Tibet” can be addressed to Sonam Wangdue (VOT)
- Dechen Pemba and Loten Namling can be reached in Oslo from 5 February onwards.
- Local organizer for VOT, Oystein Alme, can also be contacted for daily updates with photos, video and sound-bites from the events at: email@example.com
Sonam Wangdue (VOT) +91 9805666844
Dechen Pemba: +47 93966674
Loten Namling: +47 93966673
Oystein Alme: +47 99378097
Tenzin Nyinjey (TCHRD) +91 98168-42395
You can also take part in the campaign by liking our campaign page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/freespeechtibet?ref=hl