The Tibetan Centre for Human Rights and Democracy (TCHRD) is looking for an English Researcher at its office at Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh, India. The centre invites applicants with excellent research and analytical skills, excellent English language proficiency, and working knowledge of Tibetan.
Designation: English Researcher
Basic Qualification: Minimum postgraduate or equivalent
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Experienced and knowledgeable about human rights issues and political situation in Tibet
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English with working knowledge of Tibetan language
- Minimum three years of experience in human rights, law, journalism, or related field
- Knowledge of International Human Rights Law and Chinese Laws will be preferred
- Demonstrates intellectual agility with excellent attention to detail
Mode of Selection: Written test and interview
Service Contract: Minimum 3 years service including 6 months probation
Job Description: The selected candidate is expected to research, monitor, and document human rights abuses in Tibet by collecting information and analyzing them. The researcher is responsible for drafting and producing reports, briefing papers, press releases, and newsletters. The selected candidate will work closely with TCHRD’s team of researchers, senior program officer, and executive director. The researcher will also be responsible for appearing in media interviews, panel discussions, and talk series.
Application Deadline: Please apply immediately or by 1 April 2022
Candidates must submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Attested copy of degree certificates and mark sheets
• Attested copy of applicant’s valid Green book (first and last page)
• Attested copy of applicant’s registration certificate (first and last page)
• Attested copy of ‘No Objection letter’ if the applicant is currently employed
• Attested copy of medical fitness certificate from any registered medical practitioner
• Provide a clear forwarding address with an available phone number and email address.
• Only complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email and phone
• TCHRD reserves the right not to hire anyone if no suitable candidate is found.
How to Apply:
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and address your email under the subject line “English Researcher Application”
Submit your application in person to the following address
Near Nechung Monastery